#127 Supportive Therapies to Calm the Chaos with Debra Reis
It's time to holistically support ourselves and those we care for. Clinical Nurse Specialist and Certified Clinical Aromatherapist Debra Reis has the way.
In this Women Developing Brilliance® — The Spirit of Business episode we discuss:
- Her quest to find something more than "traditional work."
- Aromatherapy in a clinical setting - knowing your audience and practicing safely
- Why complementary and alternative modalities are on the rise in healthcare
- Calming the chaos in under 5 min - a breathing exercise
- How to overcome challenges bringing in a supportive therapy program
- Self-awareness - an inspirational story
- How to balance it all
✨✨ Please take a moment to Rate + Review the podcast here. ✨✨
More About Deb:
Deb's been in the medical field for over 40 years with a career path in medical-surgical and critical care nursing. In 1996, she became interested in complementary and alternative medicine, also known as CAM. She knew deep in her soul that there had to be more than just putting the physical pieces of the human body back together and using pharmaceutical drugs to treat. She was introduced to Healing Touch, which then opened the door to becoming certified in holistic modalities such as the mind/body movement practice, NIA, Ageless Grace, Aromatherapy, Healing Touch, and several others.
Her teaching philosophy includes a combination of science-backed research, ancient energetic wisdom, and practical first-hand experience. Her signature program; S.T.E.P. - Supportive Therapies Engagement Program provides a step-by-step comprehensive system that teaches complementary modalities that reduce stress, improve pain scores, and enhance patient experiences in a clinical setting (in under 5 minutes).
Connect with Deb: https://debrareis.com/